Slide 1
Slide 1

Taxes, Permits, Licences and Zoning

Updated: 5 years ago - Created: October 17th, 2013

By-laws are established by Municipal/City Council and some by-laws require certain types of businesses to obtain licenses or permits in order to operate.  Depending on the nature of the business as well as where the property or building is located, related fees, business licensing, building permit and development fees may apply. In addition, when changes are being considered for your property, there are a number of fees and/or permits that may be required depending on what is proposed and where the property/building is located.

Please refer to the following links for your jurisdiction.

Go here to locate your Ottawa Valley Municipality
Go here for the City of Pembroke

NOTE: The Province of Ontario also provides an online service where you can search for information on permits or licences you may need to operate your business.  Go here to start your search.

Did you know?
To operate a business in Ontario using anything but your legal name you must register with the Province of Ontario.

For more Ottawa Valley Information Visit:

The County of Renfrew
List of Municipalities

The City of Pembroke


We Are Here to Help

Events, Seminars and Workshops

There are a variety of free and affordable workshops, seminars and events available to help all levels of business.